Naringa ™ - Westringia 'WES01'
Westringia is known to be one of the tough Aussie shrubs. It is widely used and performs well in the landscape. However, to keep it at its best it needs pruning every one to two years. Naringa needs pruning at least half as much as other Westingias, and in a natural setting probably not at all. Naringa gives you a tidy look without the work. It flowers profusely in spring, and regularly at other times. Naringa is a hedge in a hurry. It takes half the time to grow a hedge with Naringa in comparison to Boxwood.
- Tidier form.
- Much less pruning.
- Lots of mauve coloured flowers in spring.
- Works well on west coast & many parts of south east USA.
- Hardiness Zone 8B, worth a try in zone 8A.
- Great as a tidy hedging or specimen plant.
- Up to 6-7 ft x 2-3 ft spread.
- Grows well in full sun to semi-shade.
- Sandy to well drained clay soils.
- Water as required to keep the plant healthy for the first 8 to 16 weeks. Once established, irrigation may only be necessary during extreme drought.
- Prune to shape as required.
Download photos (.zip - 10.8 MB)